EPDM Rubber Parts: Gaskets, Grommets, and More
EPDM rubber is a high-density synthetic rubber used for outdoor applications and other spaces in need of tough, versatile parts. With more than half a decade of experience in providing custom rubber solutions for businesses, Timco Rubber can work with you to provide the right EPDM parts for your applications.
What is EPDM: A Versatile, Cost-Effective Rubber Part Solution
When you need a rubber material that offers excellent resistances to weather, heat, and other factors without breaking the bank, EPDM grommets, gaskets, tubing, and other parts may be the answer you need.
EPDM – also known as ethylene propylene diene monomer – is an extremely versatile material used in a variety of applications, from automotive products to HVAC parts. This type of rubber also acts as a less expensive alternative to silicone, as it can endure weather conditions, abrasion, and other challenges for long periods of time with proper use. As such, EPDM can save you time and money on a wide range of applications.
- Common Name: EPDM
- ASTM D-2000 Classification: CA
- Chemical Definition: Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer
- Temperature Range
- Low Temperature Usage:-20° to -60° F | -29⁰C to -51⁰C
- High Temperature Usage: Up to 350° F | Up to 177⁰C
- Tensile Strength
- Tensile Range: 500-2500 P.S.I.
- Elongation: 600% Maximum
- Durometer (Hardness) – Range: 30-90 Shore A
- Aging Weather - Sunlight: Excellent
- Abrasion Resistance: Good
- Solvent Resistance: Poor
- Oil Resistance: Poor
- General Characteristics
- Adhesion to Metals: Fair to Good
- Solvent Resistance: Poor
- Compression Set: Good
- Compressor grommets
- Mandrel formed drain tubes
- Pressure switch tubing
- Panel gaskets and seals
- Weather stripping and seals
- Wire and cable harnesses
- Window spacers
- Hydraulic brake systems
- Door, window, and trunk seals
- Water system O-rings and hoses
- Electrical insulation and stinger covers
EPDM Benefits and Advantages
- 再保险sistance to UV exposure, ozone, aging, weathering, and many chemicals – great for outdoor applications
- Stability in high and low temperatures – a general purpose EPDM material can be used in an environment where the temperature range is from -20⁰F to +350⁰F (-29⁰C to 177⁰C).
- Low electrical conductivity
- Steam and water resistant
- Can be fabricated in a variety of ways, which includescustom moldedandextruded parts
- Long-term part lifespan allows for fewer replacement parts, saving money in the long run
Interested in EPDM Gaskets, Grommets, and other Parts?
Call1-888-918-5351or complete our118bet金宝博电话 to request a quote.
EPDM Case Study: Switch to Square Tubing Saves Money and Improves Quality
Not sure which material you need for your custom rubber product? View ourrubber material selection guide.